As summer approaches, there are certain steps you can take to maintain the health and attractive appearance of your trees. As your arborist in Cincinnati, we are available to provide a full range of services to promote your trees’ wellbeing. Here are a few tips on how you can prepare for summer.
- Mulching – Mulching is an effective way to prevent weeds, conserve soil moisture, and stabilize soil temperature. It’s best to mulch in a donut shape around the tree without mounding the mulch against the trunk, which can lead to insect problems and disease.
- Fertilization – Before summer, consider fertilizing your trees so that they have the right nutrition to support continued growth.
- Pruning – Summertime pruning may be necessary if you have dead branches or trees that flower in the spring.
- Irrigation – On average, trees need about an inch of water per week. Especially if you have young or newly planted trees, you’ll want to make sure they get an appropriate amount of water.
- Pest Inspections – It never hurts to check for pests before they lead to major problems; your arborist will identify any threats to your trees and recommend any needed treatments.